Monday, August 2, 2010

Peach Frozen Yogurt


Courtesy of The Chop Stop Confessions

Shout out to my friend, Dieu (check out her blog here), for sharing with me this quick and easy recipe for one of my all-time favorite desserts. I'd love to try this recipe with strawberry but before I do, I need to go get myself an ice cream/yogurt maker (I'm adding this one to my Christmas list)! Enjoy cooking!

Ingredients:
  • a bowl
  • blender
  • a cuisinart ice cream/yogurt maker
  • wooden spoon
  • about 4 peaches (1-1.5 lbs)
  • 2/3 cups of sugar
  • 1 cup of greek yogurt or fresh yogurt (Dieu used fage)
  • a splash of pinot grigio
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice

Directions:

1. Start by cutting the peach in small pieces.

2. Combine the peach with the sugar and a splash of pinot grigio, use the wooden spoon to mix and let it sit at room temperature until the sugar dissolves.

3. Pour the peach mix into the blender then add in the yogurt and let it mix together for about 1 minute or so.

4. After it is mixed, transfer it to the ice cream maker and let it do its job. it’ll take about 20-25 minutes for the maker to churn completely into an ice cream/frozen yogurt consistency.

Again, thanks Dieu for being my first contributor!

No comments:

Post a Comment